Monday, 16 January 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰

Taking Turns (Turning #1) by J.A. Huss

TITLE: Taking Turns
SERIES: (Turning #1)
AUTHOR: J.A. Huss
GENRE: Adult Fiction | Erotica
RELEASE DATE: January 18th, 2017
I’ve never been afraid of the dark...but that doesn’t mean I wanted to live in it. And maybe everyone wants what they can’t have, but I should’ve thought it over before I accepted the key and unlocked the door to their forbidden world.

Number One is mostly silent. He watches me with them very carefully. His gaze never wanders. His interest never wanes.

Number Two is mostly gentle. But it’s the other side of him I like best. The wild side.

Number Three is mostly reserved. He refuses to cross the line. Even when I beg.

It was carnal, it was sensual, and it was erotic. That’s it. That’s all it was supposed to be. A trip into the dark. A peek into the forbidden.

I just didn’t expect to like them.

*****
I heard the door open and close and said nothing. And the footsteps coming down the hallway towards the bedroom. I even heard him say, “Hey.” So softly. “You awake?” Like he didn’t want to wake me.

I listened as he stepped into the closet. There was that slick sound a man makes when he pulls his tie through his shirt collar. I heard the unclasping of his watch. The jingle of his belt buckle and the shuffle of his pants as they dropped to the floor.

I even heard his moan as he stood over me. I could feel his shadow from the streetlamp outside like it was heat.

Then the bed creaked, the mattress sank. And his warm, hard body straddled me.
Still, I said nothing.

I just buried my face in the sweet scent of the pillow and closed my eyes, feigning sleep.

“Rochelle,” he whispered, leaning over me. His fingertips gently brushed the hair away from my shoulder. His mouth pressed against my skin. “Did you miss me? God, I’ve missed you. Two weeks is too long. We need to renegotiate.”

He nipped my neck. Kissed it. Licked my ear as he positioned himself to begin.

And I said… nothing.

Even though my name is not Rochelle. 
That’s why I’m here. Tied up and gagged inside the closet. Sitting in the dark as three men on the other side of the door argue about where Rochelle went, why I was in her bed, and what they should do next.

I should be scared but I’m not.

I should be screaming, but I won’t.

Because this just feels very, very right.

And the only thing on my mind is… what will happen next?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TAKING TURNS: is a twisted new series from the talented author J.A Huss, a delightfully sinful read. I’ve read a few of this authors books but this one just looked delicious!! Spoken in multiple POV’S (Cella, Quin, Smith & Bric) which I love, we get to read all the dirty naughty little thoughts running through their minds. This author did a fantastic job bringing these four different personalities to life, each with their own voice brought together as one unity. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Number One is mostly silent. 
Number Two is mostly gentle. But it’s the other side of him I like best. The wild side.
Number Three is mostly reserved. 

Going into this I wasn't too sure what to expect, I never expected to love it as much as I did, I never expected to fall so deeply in lust with each of these characters like I did. 

This story surrounds Smith, Bric and Quinn each had the perfect set up with their pet Rochelle, then out of the blue with no warning she just ups and leaves after three years of dating them. Now the rules of their contract that they all signed three years ago comes into effect.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They can not look for her
She will never enter the doors of ‘Turning Point’ again
And If she sees any of the men on the streets neither are to acknowledge the other, no words are to be exchanged. 

Only problem is that one man broke all the rules and fell in love with her. But she did leave something behind in her place, a replacement named Chella.

This is where it all starts getting all hot and juicy

It all comes down to the game that’s played out at the ‘Turning Point Club’
amongst three men who have their preferences when it comes to exploring their sexuality and the woman who want to play with them, three hot alpha men that have no qualms when it comes to sharing their woman. 

Number One is mostly silent.
Number Two is mostly gentle. But it’s the other side of him I like best. The wild side.
Number Three is mostly reserved. 


The build up to when it comes recruiting thirty year old Cella is slow going but is overall vital to the story and gives us more in depth knowledge of how this game unfolds. 

A time table is set up where each man has Cella two nights of the week, Sundays are the only days off she has to herself. 

Quin ( Monday & Tuesday)
Bric ( Wednesday & Thursday)
Smith ( Friday & Saturday)

A step into the forbidden, hot carnal filthy sex with three men, when the four are together all rules are non existent. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I watch, fascinated by the world they've created here in the middle of downtown Denver. A secret world. A forbidden world. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Number one is there to deny you. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Number two i there to satisfy you after the abstinence.
Number three is there to give you what you really want. 


Each player in this game has their own agenda. Each chapter is solely focused on each character. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Quin is handsome in a very different way than Bric or Smith. They are both polished and serious. But he’s the fun version. The wild version. The happy version. 

Taking Turns wasn’t solely focused around the sexual adventures of these characters, because each chapter was focused on each characters POV it strikes a deeper connection with these individuals like no other book I’ve read before. This book has been the best I have read by this author, I can not tell you how much I loved it, loved the all consuming deep connection I had with each and every character this book focused on. And like others that have read this book I too can not wait for the next book of this series, this was an epic way to start it off. 

And then I reached the end of the book and it ended in a cliffy and left me hanging there desperately in need of the next book in this series..I highly highly recommend this!!

*Teasers used in my review are off the authors facebook page*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic