Wednesday, 11 January 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ Blackwood by Celia Aaron


Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TITLE: Blackwood
AUTHOR: Celia Aaron
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: January 8th, 2017


I dig. It’s what I do. I’ll literally use a shovel to answer a question. Some answers, though, have been buried too deep for too long. But I’ll find those, too. And I know where to dig—the Blackwood Estate on the edge of the Mississippi Delta. Garrett Blackwood is the only thing standing between me and the truth. A broken man—one with desires that dance in the darkest part of my soul—he’s either my savior or my enemy. I’ll dig until I find all his secrets. Then I’ll run so he never finds mine. The only problem? He likes it when I run.

Author’s Note: This is a standalone mystery/suspense romance with violence and explicit/intense sex. If you need a trigger warning, then this isn't the book for you

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Author’s Note: This is a standalone mystery/suspense romance with violence and explicit/intense sex. If you need a trigger warning, then this isn't the book for you.

This is told in Elise Vale’s own words, and is the first book I’ve read by this author, but to say I was intrigued with the reviews had me one clicking this. Blackwood is a stand-alone dark romance/suspense/thriller that will take you on one hell of an unforgettable ride.

Elsie’s is working on her Ph.D in archaeology with one final dig up her sleeve which is located on ‘Blackwood Estate.’ not getting permission of the landowner Garrett Blackwood’s consent to dig doesn’t stop her from doing what she does. I dig. It’s what I do. I’ll literally use a shovel to answer a question. Some answers to questions long buried beneath the dirt, it’s up to her to uncover the truth. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elsie just recently lost her mother to cancer, digging on Blackwood Estate and focusing on Choctaw culture isn't her sole reason for wanting to dig on that specific location, she's also hoping to uncover the mystery of her father's disappearance and she thinks Blackwood estate is where all her answers lay.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Many warnings come her way about not to venture out into the woods, many say it is haunted, many state that they hear screams coming from deep within. All warnings go unheeded. She has one thing on her mind, and one thing only, and that is to uncover the truth about her father. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Her first solo dig doesn't go as planned, getting chased and attacked in the forest by boars Hooves pounded the ground behind me, at least two of the monsters giving chase as I tried to manage the dark forest. Falling prey to the boars with a gash on her leg and unable to walk has her at the mercy of Garrett, the very man who refused her permission on his land. Now she has to trust him enough to get her back up on her feet again. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Garrett is a thirty-two broody recluse and as the two grow closer together, he awakens an erotic sexual level of awareness Elise has never been subjected to before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm glad I one clicked this to just see what all the fuss was about, the beginning took me a while to get into, was very slow going, but the writing was spectacular, once I got about half way the storyline started picking up for me and it all came at me full throttle and I ended up enjoying the ride the author set me on. It wasn't what I would term as dark, but there was just enough grit to keep me invested in finishing this. A few twist and turns that I never saw coming which I loved, love it when an author can completely blindside you. 

~ Two teasers used are off the authors Facebook page ~ 

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.