Sunday, 12 February 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward

Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward
TITLE: Mack Daddy
AUTHOR: Penelope Ward
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February 13th, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
From New York Times bestselling author, Penelope Ward, comes a sexy, STANDALONE second-chance romance.

They called him Mack Daddy. No, seriously, his name was Mack. Short for Mackenzie. 

Thus, the nickname. Perfect, right? 

So was he: perfect. The perfect physical male specimen.

At the private school where I taught, Mack Morrison was the only man around in a sea of women.

Everyone wanted a piece of the hot single father of the sweet little boy. I was riddled with jealousy, because they didn’t know that—to me—he was much more. 

They didn’t know about our past. 

He’d chosen my school for his son on purpose, because Mack and I, we had unfinished business. 

As my friend Lorelai so eloquently put it: “Unfinished business between two people who are clearly attracted to each other is like an eternal case of blue balls.” And I was suffering in pain from my case.

I was still intensely attracted to Mack. I tried to resist him, immersing myself further into a relationship with another man just to protect my heart. 

Not to mention, getting involved with a parent was strictly against school rules. But seeing Mack day in and day out was breaking me down.

And soon I might be breaking all the rules.

Author's note – Told in alternating points of view, Mack Daddy is a full-length standalone novel.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 photo 4 stars_zpsffpwemmy.jpg

MACK DADDY: Is a second chance romance, and is spoken in alternating points of view. Flits from Past to Present effortlessly.

This is so very easy to get into. We first meet Frankie O’Hara a first grade teacher who has been warned by her teacher aide that there is a very hot DILF (Daddy I’d like to F#ck) on the school premises with his son the first day at the prestigious catholic school where she teaches so when she realises it’s a man from her past she’s more than shocked speechless. 

These two have history that goes way back to when they were roommates years ago when they were both in school, he was a grad student studying political science and she was an undergrad studying teaching. They strike up a unique, hilarious, swoon worthy friendship. The hotty and the nerd. And then he walks away from it all. 

Things in Frankie's life were going to get very complicated where Mack is concerned. Is it a coincidence that he's back in town or was it all premeditated? Is he back to win her heart again? 

The hurt and feelings she tried to bury in the past slowly start making a reappearance when he makes her take trips down memory lane often. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic He was the first guy who’d ever broken through my walls, made me comfortable in my own skin, then broke my heart. 

recently single Daddy Mack is a business intelligence analyst whom works from home and has his son on the weekends. 

Mack Daddy is a quick fun lighthearted, laugh out loud, swoon till butterflies fly kind of read. It took me a wee while to warm up to Mack and for him to redeem himself in my eyes, he lost his first love once he nearly jeopardised that a second time through peer pressure not once but twice, I thought he would've learned his lesson the first time around but obviously not, but all in all it ended how it should've. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I lost all those years, only to end up in the same place, wanting you and wishing I hadn't ever let you go. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic