Friday, 10 February 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Tainted by Love by Gillian Jones

Tainted by Love by Gillian Jones
TITLE: Tainted by Love
AUTHOR: Gillian Jones
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: February 13th, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
My name is Hendrix Hills.
When I was twenty-nine, I fell in love with a girl.
We loved fast. We loved hard.
But our love was tainted.

My name is Trinity Adams.
When I was twenty-seven, I fell in love with a boy.
We loved fast. We loved hard.
It’s too bad my blood was tainted.

Warning: Not your traditional HEA. May contain emotional triggers for some. There will be things that you won't like and some you will, but I hope you have fun finding out!
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo 5 stars_zpsvbxl5qr0.jpg

TAINTED LOVE: Heed the warning by the author this is not your traditional HEA. May contain emotional triggers for some. There will be things that you won't like and some you will.

Wow where to even start with this, no matter which way I go will divulge huge spoilers, the cover, the synopsis doesn't give you any indication of what's going to come at you and believe me it comes at you on turbo speed as soon as you read the 'Prologue' in the start of the book, it hits you. 
I knew then that the author was setting me up for an emotional unconventional read. And boy did she ever. This packed one hell of a punch. A unique, emotional, raw story that will rip your heart to shreds. It's also spoken in 'Dual Perspectives' so that alone allows for more of a connection with these two characters. 

This isn't your usual story of boy meets girl, they fall in love yada yada yada, this story isn't that easy, parts are really hard to read, at the age of twenty Trinity made a rash decision that would forever have an impact on her life which doesn't just affect her life but future partners lifes also. 

 photo 16387445_1802654100010778_4980262024688464093_n_zpsw5eca8tl.jpg

To a twenty-six year old Trinity who in her own eyes will never be seen as normal. But she's accepted that.

This is a heavy, soul crushing read, but it's a book that I feel needs to be read..You also need to be open minded. Go in blind, don't read reviews incase spoilers have been revealed, you need to read this for yourself, you need to fall down that rabbit hole of despair, you need to love like Trinity and Hendrix did, you need to feel. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic You brought a part of me back to life, a part I thought I'd lost. You've given me a version of happiness that I never ever imagined I could feel again. 

This book doesn't gloss over things it's in your face real, it's not patched over with a bandage, nothing in this book is that easy. This book was very life like, it could happen to anyone of us, it could happen to a loved one. 

 photo 16427433_1803816273227894_5565275287613546318_n_zpsdmijrpgb.jpg

Then we're introduced to the hot tatted up twenty-nine year old Hendrix, in the beginning of this book he was what I'd term a man whore, revolving door of woman coming and going, day in day out, commitment phobe to boot, if any of them got too clingy that was it he'd cut them off and move onto the next female that was willing to warm his bed for the night. 

 photo 16487798_1803573093252212_8644969348345774749_o_zps6fpbisbk.jpg

BUT the very first time he laid eyes on Trinity it was as though her soul and his soul spoke to each other, they were both products of others ignorance. Both had been used and hurt deeply. Together they healed.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic His view of me isn't one of a tainted woman; it's a view filled with clarity and the promise of wonderful things to come. 

*Teasers used are off the authors Facebook Page*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.