Monday, 6 February 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey brought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A THOUSAND LETTERS: This is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ Elliot (female - sorry had to clear that up never come across a female named that before) and Wade. Inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion..A second chance romance, it doesn't get any sweeter than that!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic The first time I saw him, I was fifteen and he was sixteen, the boy with the dark shock of hair and broad shoulders, with eyes gray and cool as December and a smile as bright and warm as June. 

Wade and Elliot were high school sweethearts when he finished school and enrolled in the army he thought Elliott would follow him and go wherever he to be deployed but sometimes life has a way of upsetting the applecart and she couldn't just up and leave everything behind, and that is one of her regrets. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The last time they saw each other she was seventeen when he’d begged her to say yes. Begged her to go with him. Begged her to become his forever. He left the next day for the Army and that was the last time she’d seen him. Seven years ago. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic The last time I saw him, I was seventeen, and he stood before me with tears in his eyes as he begged me to say yes. Begged me to go with him. Begged me to be his forever. Begged me to change my mind. But I couldn't. 

NOW Wade has just arrived off the plane to the devastating news that his father has cancer and only has a few weeks to live which he wants to spend his last days at home. Wade hasn’t been home for seven years and that is one of his biggest regrets amongst others. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elliot is best friends with Wades sister Sophie so it was her that told Elliot that Wade was coming home. Now and then Sophie and her father would mention Wade in passing but not every often. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic He was coming home. Seven years without a word. Seven years without seeing his face. 

Dreading when she would clap eyes on the boy she’d loved after all these years since she was fifteen years old and he was just a year older. 

She had painstakingly written to him everyday since then, everyday those letters remained unanswered. Doubt began to seep in that maybe he didn’t get her letters. She’d Begged his forgiveness, begged him to come back for her. One year later she gave up. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic The boy who I walked away from lived on in the wreckage of my heart, and I never stopped wishing things had been different. 

Now they were in the same town, facing the same problems that split them apart. A journey of forgiveness..So much hurt and many years wasted, words left unsaid. Finally being in the same town hopefully the past can be put to rest. 

When I started reading this it was nothing like I expected it to be, straight away pulled into a world of sadness as they prepare to spend time with a loved one that hasn't got many days left on earth, then add the fact that Wade and Elliot are barely talking or even looking at each other pulls more emotions out of you. Filled of angst written in such a poetic way has you devouring the pages. 

With every end
Comes a beginning,
A new path forged
Through the pain
Of the end
Giving life
Giving breath
That once caught cannot be
lost. 
- Elliott

* Teasers used are off the authors facebook page*

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.