Saturday, 29 April 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Erased: A Dark Romantic Thriller by Sansa Rayne

Erased: A Dark Romantic Thriller by Sansa Rayne
TITLE: Erased: A Dark Romantic Thriller 
AUTHOR: Sansa Rayne
GENRE: Dark
RELEASE DATE: April 26th, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
“Resist or obey. Those are my choices.”

MARLA

Alone at a bar, recently fired from my job and about to move, no one will notice that I’ve gone missing, and my abductors know it. Smuggled to a secluded facility in the mountains, locked in a cell and stripped of my dignity, they’ve threatened me with a fate worse than death. They aim to break my will. They plan to erase me.

My captors are vicious monsters, except for one: the doctor, Gabriel. He urges me to accept their control and spare myself months, or even years, of pain and torment. Yet his merciful demeanor hides a dark, burning secret. Smoldering and mysterious, I’m drawn to him and his talk of submission. He may be my best shot at escape, but I hunger for far more.

With Gabriel’s help, the others will pay for what they’ve done to me. They wanted a toy, but they’ve woken a terror...

GABRIEL

If I’d known the truth about Halloran Asylum, I would have burned it to the ground long ago. Now I’m an accessory to unspeakable crimes, and no one will ever believe my story. For years I made peace with fate, but after a violent episode pushes me to the edge, I swore never to let them harm anyone else. Now they’ve taken another, and I can’t let it go.

I need to make Marla understand her strength and resolve will only cause her greater suffering. At first, training her is just a way of buying time, but her response to my touch, my command, drives me wild. I have to have her, but standing in my way is a horrid truth that could cost me her trust. If that happens, we’ll both be lost, trapped in this place forever.

I don’t care. I’ll risk everything for Marla, even if it means letting out the beast within...

Publisher’s note: “Erased” is a dark, romantic thriller with erotic content, no cliffhangers, no cheating and a HEA. It contains material some may find disturbing. Reader discretion is advised.
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 Not What I Thought Stars

A bit of a strange beginning, this author has a different writing style which by no means is a bad thing but it did take some getting used to.

Marla is a loner who has just been fired from her journalism job. She has no close friends and is not close to her family all these facts will be her downfall when she tells them to a stranger in a bar.

            photo guyatbar_zpsrsftdplo.gif

Marla is kidnapped and taken to a large old stately home, it is not clear at first what this place is so it's all a big mystery. What was really hard to understand and get my head around was the way Marla seemed enjoy being kidnapped and the abuse. I mean if I was in the same situation I am 100% sure I would not be getting tingly between my legs as I struggled to get free or if my kidnapper started whipping me.

Between my legs I feel an electric ache that can't be ignored. Struggling to get free is.... turning me on.

                                                 photo straightjacket_zpsfihr8qeu.jpg

So this book was going super slow for me with it's over descriptive text but at about the 50% mark it does pick up a bit when the 'guests' visit the asylum for a show featuring the new girl. I was loosing faith in Marla as she slowly started to submit herself to Gabriel until he takes her on a walk outside, she shows everyone what a badass she can be.

               photo runningaway_zpswpsgu5ko.gif

I enjoyed all the parts of the book that had 'action' and I am not talking sex action either. I mean the fighting, running and fleeing action. The rest of the book could not hold my attention for more than 5 minutes at a time hence why it took so long to read. I try not to leave books unfinished its an OCD thing of mine. This was an odd read for me, I just could not connect to it a true case of its not you it's me.


 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg