Friday, 12 May 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Duke of Manhattan by Louise Bay


Duke of Manhattan by Louise Bay
TITLE: Duke Of Manhattan
AUTHOR: Laurelin Paige
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: May 16, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was born into British aristocracy, but I’ve made my fortune in Manhattan. New York is now my kingdom.

Back in Britain my family are fighting over who’s the next Duke of Fairfax. The rules say it’s me--if I’m married. It’s not a trade-off worth making. I could never limit myself to just one woman.

Or so I thought until my world is turned upside down. Now, the only way I can save the empire I built is to inherit the title I’ve never wanted-- so I need a wife.

To take my mind off business I need a night that’s all pleasure. I need to bury myself in a stranger.

The skim of Scarlett King’s hair over my body as she bends over . . .

The scrape of her nails across my chest as she screams my name . . .

The bite of her teeth on my shoulder just as we both reach the edge . . .

It all helps me forget.

I just didn’t bargain on finding my one night stand across the boardroom table the next day.

She might be my latest conquest but I have a feeling Scarlett King might just conquer me.

A sexy, standalone romance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 Second Time's The Charm, Stars

               photo i-just-read-the-most-wonderful-story_zpsmfiucgw7.gif

Divorced, having terrible luck trying to get back into the dating scene. She misses her ex-husband and can't understand why he left her, is she boring?
At least she has her work, Scarlett partnered up with her college roommate Cecily and opened a fragrance business Cecily Fragrance. She loves her job and doesn't want to do anything else.

Ryder has grown up being part of british aristocracy but wanted to make something of himself without being under the umbrella of his family name. He started and owns an investment company in Manhattan that has made him very independently wealthy. Ryder's grandfather the 'Duke' has a bad fall so Ryder jumps on a plane to England, while there his sister reminds him of his grandfather's will. Which stipulates all titles will go to the eldest living married male, which if 


Ryder does not marry will be his cousin Frederick. Let me tell you Frederick is an:


              photo asshole_zpsusuhy1wz.gif

Anyway for reasons I won't go into, Ryder has to get married to stop Frederick inheriting. he just needs to find a willing woman to marry him for money.

Scarlett finds herself in desperate need of an investor for her beloved company. Trying to pitch her worth to this incredibly attractive investor when he comes out with the most ridiculous plan she's ever heard or is it?

                   photo money-gif_zpstxpqs2wh.gif

I really liked this book, it read like a really good rom-com movie except with really hot sex thrown in. I loved when Ryder and Scarlett where in England and they had to try and convince everyone of their love, mainly Frederick and his wife. I really enjoyed the banter, sarcasm and how strong Scarlett was considering the situation.

I loved reading how Scarlett and Ryders relationship develops and how they come to terms with their feelings for each other.

             photo ryderampscarlett_zpss8o05eyn.gif

I highly recommend this book for lovers of a good romance it has dashes of comedy, angst and drama it was well written and left me wanting more.


 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg