Friday, 16 June 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Writing Mr. Right by T.K. Leigh

Writing Mr. Right by T.K. Leigh

TITLE: Writing Mr. Right
AUTHOR: T.K. Leigh
GENRE: Romance/Comedy
PUBLICATION: June 26, 2017



A brand new sexy, flirty Stand Alone Rom Com from USA Today Bestselling author T.K. Leigh!

My name is Molly Brinks, but most people know me as Vivienne Foxx, bestselling author of chance meetings, stolen glances, and the much-needed happily ever after. My addictions include coffee, home improvement television, and the occasional pint of ice cream. The love of my life is an eighty-pound labrador retriever named Pee Wee. 

At the age of twenty-nine plus one, I am at the top of my game…professionally. My personal life is a completely different story, one best left untold. Success has its sacrifices and I’ve been more than happy to put my search for Prince Charming on the back burner while I create fictitious tales of the naïve virgin, the broken girl with a torrid past, and the strong-willed student finding their own Mr. Right… 

Until one hell of a case of writer’s block and a tight deadline set by my publisher forces me outside of my cozy downtown Boston apartment in search of inspiration.

Armed with an account on every dating website out there, I devise a plan… Meet some nice, professional men. Go on a few dates. Hope one of them has the spark I need to finish my book. Then walk away.

But plans are meant to be broken.

My name is Molly Brinks, and this is my story about Writing Mr. Right.



4 "Real Love Isn't Real Life" Stars

 photo nosuchthingaslove_zpsziwwflee.gif

Ever wonder what it'd be like to be one of your favourite smut authors? T.K. Leigh has given us a funny take on what it could be like. This book is filled with LOL moments and sarcastic humour which I enjoyed.

A dick was still a dick, regardless of whether it pissed in a gold-plated toilet or a porta-potty.
 photo hahagoodone_zpsv22ph8g0.gif

Although this wasn't really what I typically like as it's a little too 'straight' for me, I am still giving this 4 stars as I felt it was done well and because it gave me lots of giggles when I needed them.

Molly is thirty, single and writes smut but is suffering from her first writer's block as her latest 'muse/man' just walked out the door. Molly liked to have a different 'muse' for each book preferably one that had the same profession as her newest Hero. I enjoyed all her antics and planning that went into getting these men. She drags her best friend Brooklyn with her and sometimes her brother Drew, poor Drew hears things about his sister he shouldn't have too.

"I'm not willing to change who I am for anyone, regardless of the size of his one-eyed willy. The man will want to listen to me talk about my vagina in all its states - bloody, wet, dry, hairy, shaved."

 photo dr_zpscfzxrs04.jpg

Noah is Molly's dads neurosurgeon, it was fun to reading how Molly slowly lost her 'love is not real' attitude as these two became closer. So this brings me to the part I really didn't understand, well I understood it but it just annoyed me A LOT!! I DO NOT find dating your father's doctor as taboo, it may cross some ethical boundaries but come on to make it such a big deal that got to me. Anyway Noah was hot and there was heaps of sexual innuendo in this book obviously with Molly writing smut but not enough actual sex, when it did happen it was hot as hell though.

 photo kissing_zpsorbbsrow.gif

I fell for all the characters in this book pretty quick and the dynamics between them all. Molly's brother Drew and her best friend Brooklyn have a great story brewing just not sure where the author will take that one. 

 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg