Tuesday, 17 January 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Torn Between Two (The Torn Duet, #1) by Mia Kayla

Torn Between Two (The Torn Duet, #1) by Mia Kayla

TITLE: Torn Between Two
SERIES: (The Torn Duet #1)
AUTHOR: Mia Kayla
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: January 23rd, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I believe in fairy tales — the kind where a knight in shining armor sweeps me off my feet. Coming from a broken home, fairy tales housed the hope I clung to. Never in my life did I imagine two knights coming into my life— two knights that wore very different armor.


A rockstar versus a lawyer.

Fast and furious versus deliberate and calculated.

Intense and passionate versus strong and devoted.

Chaos versus stability.
I fell in love with one in the craziness of a concert. 

I fell in love with the other in the silence of his compassion.


And now I am Torn Between Two. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TORN BETWEEN TWO: This is my first time reading anything by this author but I have to confess I just had to sign up for this because of that damn cover!! My name is Kat and I am a cover hoe!! 

This took me a while to get into, first chapter I didn't connect with the story, it felt like Sam was well under what her age stated her to be, an immaturity level came across, but as my reading progressed I connected with her character after more details of her upbringing came up in the story, I myself know from personal experience what it is like to be a mother to your own mother so I connected with Sam on whole new level of understanding. 

From about chapter 2 I got into the groove of the story and I was hooked, I mean hook line and sinker hooked!! Seconds, minutes, hours my world outside of this book ceased to exist, I was living through the eyes of Sam, the highs and lows of being with a rockstar, knowing she was well out of her element, sitting on the edge of my seat for it all to come crashing and burning had me biting my nails, and the love I felt for Josh the other boy in this triangle of epic proportions, my heart and mind at war with each other with the turmoil of wondering who she would choose in the end. Who would be her knight in shining armour? 

This author took me on such a wild ride I never wanted to get off, until she kicked me over the edge with the cliffy we're left dangling over!! GAH!! I must also admit I even yelled a bit over the unfairness of it all..

NOW FOR MY REVIEW 

TORN BETWEEN TWO: We’re first introduced to twenty three year old Samantha Clarke, a pastry sous chef extraordinaire, who wholeheartedly believes in fairytales and hopes that one day like any fairy tale ever written her knight in shining armour will come rushing in and sweep her off her feet.

Needless to say she never anticipated two men falling for her

Her first knight in shining armour comes in the form of Hawke Calvin from Def Deception the bad boy rocker whom she’s stalked and lusted over for years. This duo met after Hawke finished his concert in Chicago. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In exchange for an autograph he demanded one kiss..A kiss that left her breathless and gasping for more.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic He tasted like cigarettes, and one hundred percent bad boy 

The attraction between these two is all-consuming, one look, one touch, one kiss, one night of passion led to more. 

I had fallen for a rock star and couldn't seem to find my way out of these murky waters. 

You know going into this that we’ll be stepping into a controversial love triangle of epic proportions. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

A rockstar versus a lawyer.
Fast and furious versus deliberate and calculated.
Intense and passionate versus strong and devoted.
Chaos versus stability. 


She meets Josh unexpectedly whilst out shopping for a pair of heels to rival the outfit she’s wearing to a wedding. He was hot, and charming but she didn’t want it to go any further as she’d just shared a night of passion with Hawke and was unsure if it would go any further. 

Hawke was rough and sexy while Josh was stable and sweet. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic With Hawke, when I was with him, I was on the highest of highs, but when we weren't together. I was on the lowest of lows. 

One is dark and intense, the other devoted and charismatic. One calls her sunshine and the other calls her Princess. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To wrap up my review, if you're after a book filled up to the brim with all those feels I highly recommend this book, the angst, the want, need to know who she was going to choose, the anxiety, then this book is definitely worth you one clicking come release day.

* Teasers used in my review are off the authors facebook page *


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.