Wednesday, 1 February 2017

⊱✿⊰ REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ War Poppy (War #1) by Stevie J. Cole & L.P. Lovell

War Poppy (War #1) by Stevie J. Cole & L.P. Lovell 
TITLE: War Poppy
SERIES: (War #1) 
AUTHORS: Stevie J. Cole & L.P. Lovell 
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: 6th February, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Poppy 
Love and war. Two words that should have little association, but to me the two go hand in hand. Both are a tragedy. They rip you open and spit you out. The war killed my husband, Connor, shattered my will to live, and took my best friend. Brandon may not have physically died in that war, but his soul did. And now we're left to pick up the wreckage. Expected to move on when all that is left is the ruins of a life we once had. 
Brandon 
War. It took everything from me, even myself. When you're only able to exist, death seems like a blessing. Pain...a welcome distraction. I ran from everything associated with my past, and then she found me, fighting, drowning myself in whisky, trying to forget. She reminds me of Connor, of what I've lost—what we've lost. In the midst of destruction, she's a salvation I don't deserve. 
I shouldn't love him. 
I shouldn't love her. 
Love is a war we never should have fought. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anything with the words like "War and Poppy" together you know is setting us up for an emotional read!!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Prologue got me teary eyed, then I hit chapter one and I'm sucking in big breaths willing myself not to cry!! I do not cry ever!! Imagine what I'm going to be like if this is me now and I've not even reached the end of the book!! *gulps* before you can pull your emotions under control they are on overload, it hits you right in the heart and makes all those feels one jumbled mess that can’t be unraveled. 

A dead man's last wish to a woman he's loved for ten years. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic I ask nothing of you except this: don't die with me.
Live. Be happy.
Love again because you deserve to experience as much love as this life has to give.
I only wish I could have been the one to give it to you. 


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

From chapter one onwards you're lulled into a false sense of security, their relationship is toxic at it's worst, bittersweet when it's good, but I thought things would come full circle, two best friends finally reconnecting (a second chance romance) how wrong was I in thinking that!! I can pretty much say that these two authors ripped my heart out and stomped it into the ground in their highheels. The ups and downs these two go through it takes a toll on all your emotions, a man suffering from PTSD that eats him alive. It jumps from past to present effectively and makes you fall even harder for these characters, their bond was undeniable. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I don't even know where the authors are going to take us in the next book because for me it pretty much ended how it ended..

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Two lost souls trying to save each other from unsalvageable events. She may be my hope, but I'm surely her destruction. 

WAR POPPY: Normally these two combined usually make us walk into the dark side so this is totally out of their boxes and in some ways even though I love how dark these two can go I kind of really loved seeing the softer side of them..This book for me was one of my favourites by them. Raw, Real, Riveting.

This is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’ Poppy & Brandon two childhood friends who are both suffering the death of their trio, Conner who died under ambush, a war hero. 

It should've always have been Brandon and Poppy, but Brandon has always thought he was worthless, it was always drummed into his head by his father that he was never good enough, so of course he assumed when it came to Poppy and him that he wouldn't be the man she should be with. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Brandon O'Kieffe was my first crush, my first kiss, and the first boy to ever break my heart. 

At the age of twenty-five Poppy is left behind in the world, no family, all she had was Conner and Brandon, now Conner is gone and Brandon has checked out on life AWOL. Ten months later and she's tracked him down in a seedy bar in London taking part in illegal fighting. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

War and loss, it will destroy a person from the inside out 

My best advice when going into this is heed all those warnings, this isn't a light fluffy read, it deals with real life issues that may be sensitive to some, drugs, fighting, a booze are a constant to numb the pain and it does deal with some sensitive issues.

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.