Sunday, 23 April 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Retaliate (Sin City Outlaws #3) by M.N. Forgy

Retaliate (Sin City Outlaws #3) by M.N. Forgy
TITLE: Retaliate
SERIES: (Sin City Outlaws #3)
AUTHOR: M.N. Forgy
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE: April 24th, 2017
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Being the Vice President of the Sin City Outlaws Motorcycle Club comes with its perks.
Respect, power, and easy women whenever I want. I have control in everything I do.
Because of that, I wasn’t expecting my president to put me on babysitting duty, and on a female cop of all f***ing people. I kill law enforcement, not protect them.

Alessandra pretends to be the good-guy hiding behind that shiny badge. But I see the darkness dancing in her eyes, and it draws me to her in the worst way. I want to devour that act of innocence, pull her over the line of justice, and into my bed.
I just wasn’t expecting the handful of secrets I got behind that badge of honor I ripped from her chest. Because now, we’re retaliating against a common enemy together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 photo 4startemplate_zpsdocnosn9.jpg

4 I Don't Love You Stars

 photo lovehate_zpsnlfxtqg3.gif

I got really excited while I was reading the prologue it's gritty, dark and a little disturbing which of course I love. Unfortunately it goes from that into the first chapter leaving the dark and gritty behind and leaving us guessing what that start was about. It does become apparent when you get further into the book but would have been nice to have a link to it earlier.

This was all about the push and pull, 'I can't be with her she's a cop', 'I can't be with him he's a criminal'. UNTILFelix finds out what lies under Alessandra's badge, she has hidden demons that make him want to bring them to the surface so they'll be the same in ways that would allow them to be together.
You could have devil horns or a halo and I'd be behind you with a smoking magnum ready to clear the path for you," I tell her it's true. "I don't love you," she whispers with watery eyes. Pulling her close I rest my head against hers. "I don't love you either."
I do like how this author is able to inject humour into her stories, in this one Alessandra's mum who is in the early stages of dementia gave me a chuckle with her antics and love of Mac. I also thought that Rocky was a pretty cool.

 photo dogonharley_zpsoeiomnxo.jpg

The one and only problem I had with this book was that it was a little too similar to the first two books in the series, with the whole law enforcement crosses over to the dark side theme. It would have been good if the author had done another set of characters and then come back to these two to get a bit of a break from that theme. It was maybe only a problem for me as I only just read the first two without much of a break.

As always I enjoyed the chemistry of Miss Forgy's characters, Felix seemed a lot more 'raw' than her past characters which I liked. The police car scene was HOT!!

 photo kissingcar_zpsz8rid12c.gif

This was a well written and enjoyable addition to the Sin City Outlaws series and I look forward to continuing the series.
           "My black wings were finally able to release themselves in full form."
                                             photo blackwings_zpsv7dkiu8g.jpeg
 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg

ALICIA'S REVIEW  Mercy (Sin City Outlaws #2)


On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.