Friday, 30 June 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Dating the Billionaire by Poppy Dunne

Dating the Billionaire by Poppy Dunne

TITLE: Dating the billionaire
AUTHOR: Poppy Dunne
GENRE:  Romance/Comedy
PUBLICATION: July 12th, 2017
 


I'm Dahlia Rossi, dating coach extraordinaire. I know how to land you the man of your dreams. Follow my rules, you'll meet the love of your life and have a gorgeous destination wedding in French Polynesia. Okay, that last one happened just the one time. But my rules work every time. I guarantee it.

1. The man makes the first move. Seems unfair? Life's unfair. 
2. Never have sex on the first date. No, not even oral. And hands above the table, please. 
3. Play hard to get, but don't make it too hard. 

Solid rules, right? I thought they were. But then I met Jack Carraway, an impossibly sexy, frustratingly unpredictable billionaire, and broke them all. Everywhere. In an elevator. On a balcony. Beneath a gazebo, of all places. 

Whether I like it or not (spoiler alert: I like it!), Jack is taking me on wild adventure and we're writing a whole new set of rules. Like, always reserve your matching Harry Potter costumes a week in advance; wrestling swans is not as easy as it looks; and sometimes, the man of your dreams pops up in the most unlikely of places and has a really big...boat.

After years of watching couples find love, it may be my turn. But is this spontaneous playboy the real thing, or just a fun detour around my predictable life? All this time I've been following my own rules and going to sleep alone, with nothing but my second slice of princess cake to keep me company.

But the more time I spend with Jack, the more I learn that rules...they're meant to be broken.



4 That Was Fun Stars
           photo goodone_zps3hre3bvb.gif
I really liked this one it was light, funny and a whole lot of fun. 

Was it eye roll inducing at times? Sure

Did I care? Not at all

The humour was spontaneous and sarcastic, you know the type that is really silly but you just can't help but laugh?
           photo funnyweird_zpssn1xuz0x.gif
Dehlia is a dating coach, she helps people snag that special one they have their eye on. She has a set of dating 'rules' she lives and swears by. Those rules get tossed out the window when she goes to help a client at a charity event and meets Jack Carraway, the over confident and very cocky billionaire.

"Confident? That's polite. I'd say I was downright cocky, with a smidgen of asshole. Just to keep things fresh, of course."

I must have looked stupid while reading this and laughing my ass off. From the sarcastic inner dialogue to events like clients taking monkey's on dates.

    photo laughing_zpsuxnxbvan.gif

Chelsea is Dehlia's best friend and is a vegan hippie that takes 'readings' from a stove. To say she crazy is an understatement.

"No need to apologies. The stove tells me that this was an area of much coital rejoicing last night. The stove never lies."

Jack Carraway is a nerd turned yummy billionaire who is just as funny and out there as Dehlia. For me I thought he was the perfect character for this book, while he was good looking and had a hot bod it was his personality that made him attractive to me. Some of the things he did were funny and sweet, like when he set his nieces house up like Hogwarts for her birthday. Never mind he'd just polished off a bottle of scotch with his brother, I thought is was a really cool thing to do. He maybe should have asked first hehe, cops don't care if you're trying to be nice.          photo books-are-entertaining_zpsag6cldgl.gif

If you are looking for something light and like a good laugh, I highly recommend this one. 


      photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.