Wednesday, 21 June 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Keeping His Commandments by Elle Keating

Keeping His Commandments by Elle Keating
TITLE: Keeping His Commandments
AUTHOR: Elle Keating
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
PUBLICATION: June 6, 2017
Desire, lust, love…

You’re not supposed to feel those things for a woman, and you’re definitely not allowed to act on them when you’re a Catholic priest. I had taken vows; vows that I’ve upheld for eight celibate years, and had made a promise to God that I swore I would never break. 

But then I met Eva, my stepmother’s estranged twenty-eight-year-old daughter, and she made me forget who I was. What I was.

I prayed for guidance.

I prayed for the strength not to give into temptation.

My prayers went unanswered…or so I thought.

3 Living Off Guilt Stars

 photo dontblessme_zpsd0kjommr.gif

Eva had a very strict upbringing with her bible bashing bitch of a mother and a father who enabled the abuse. She was bought up being told she was dirty and disgusting, forced to wash in holy water and spend hours on her knees praying for god's forgiveness.

She has not seen her mum or been inside a church for 10 years, until she gets a phone call from a stepfather she didn't even know she had. Eva's life changes when she steps into the confessional at her local church.
                                      photo wehavealotofsinningtodo_zpse8w6wxz3.gif
Eva has certain 'needs' when it comes to her sex life and none of her previous boyfriends have been able to meet those 'needs'. Could she get these needs from her new found step-brother who also happens to be a priest.

I watched him loop the belt in his hand. I had never been hit with a belt before, and though I imagined that it would hurt, I wanted that kind of pain.
             photo belt_zpsl1etspww.gif
Jamie became a catholic priest out of guilt and for self punishment when a tragic event changed his life 8 years ago. Before that he didn't date women he 'Fucked' them, it had surprised him how well he has been able to give that all up and keep his promise to god, that is until Eva walks into his confessional and tells him all her dirty secrets.

 photo preistrubbing_zps7vu0wi4e.gif

First I have to say that I did not find this book very taboo, maybe because I am not religious so I don't understand that part but even the step-brother part was not taboo as they meet before they even new they were step-siblings. I enjoyed the start of this one it had great promise but I found it started to get over descriptive and slow towards the end and I found myself skimming over most parts. The little 'twist' or 'suspense' moment near the end was good but not enough to pull it back for me. Straight down the middle read for me.

 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.