Saturday, 10 June 2017

⊱✿⊰ ALICIA'S REVIEW ⊱✿⊰ ARC ⊱✿⊰ Memories of Me by Dani Hart

Memories of Me by Dani Hart
TITLE: Memories of Me
AUTHOR: Dani Hart
GENRE: NA/Contemporary
PUBLICATION: June 12th, 2017
*Inspired by true events*
(Characters are a work of fiction)

When you close your eyes and open them again you expect to see the world as it was a fraction of a second ago. Maybe a slight change from a passing breeze, but you are still in the same place, unmoving and unchanged. You don’t expect to be somewhere else where the faces are unfamiliar. Where you are unfamiliar. 

With one blink I had no family, no home, no name, and no past. I was alone, until I met the Reilly brothers. They gave me purpose again. A reason to trust. A reason to love. A reason to rebuild a life full of forgotten memories. Together, they would try to rewrite my history.

~ Author Note ~
This was previously published under the title Forgotten Treasures. Completely rewritten and redesigned.

4 No Matter What Stars

Life aligns like stars. there's gaps of empty spaces. hidden are the scars.....
History repeats. But so does change. Does fear retreat or is it delayed?
Now we are chasing time...
I fell today to my darkest place and all that saved me were these paper wings.


 photo dandelion_zps8nbbcazi.gif

💧 I could not begin to imagine what it would be like waking up in a hospital not remembering anything. Welcome to the reality of the girl known as Freckles', she has no name, age or family which causes a sense of not belonging and of being truly alone. This book pulled out the feels from the first page and didn't stop till the last.

💧 While recovering in hospital she meets Grady who is a volunteer. When the doctors deem her body recovered she is released but she has no where to go, knows nothing about working or what she's good at. Grady sees her struggling so takes her to a house he owns but doesn't live at.

 photo wavescrashingonfeet_zpstcbrl1jm.gif

💧 It is here by the sea she meets Brandt the neighbour who she has an instant chemistry with. Their banter and awkward exchanges had me giggling but it is obvious that both Grady and Brandt are hiding something.

💧 For me this read a little like a mystery as I was trying to figure out 'Freckles' past right along with her and trying to figure out if the little clues given throughout where what I thought or not. I would have loved to get Brandt's POV but then I suppose there would not have been so much mystery. I enjoyed all the characters in this story and they all seemed to have a story of their own.

💧 The story takes an unexpected turn when her memory returns and we are taken into the past to learn this mystery girls gut wrenching story.

 photo freckles_zpsyvjo89ae.gif

💧 I can't go into the second part of this story as that would give the whole thing away. What I can say is have those tissues ready becauseYOU WILL need them.

💧 Not sure why the author finished with that character's POV I would have preferred the other brothers POV as it would have been more relevant.

💧 If you like a good YA, G rated sob story then this ones for you it will hit you right in the feels. It is not an erotic novel there are no 'hot' scenes, just putting it out there for those who need that in a book. So I loved the first half of this book but the second part pulled it down a little but I still really enjoyed it.
                                        photo forgetmenot2_zpsh6uxxtoh.jpg
 photo Arctemplate_zpsx4jhxery.jpg

On Instagram

© Kitty Kats Crazy About Books . Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.